Paid Traineeship Opportunity in the Field of Intellectual Property:
The Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme (the Pan-European Seal) is a paid traineeship program which is promoted in partnership by two of the world’s largest IP offices, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the European Patent Office (EPO) together with their strategic University partners.
The program, that covers IP issues such as patents, trademarks and designs, has been considered as EUIPO and EPO’s commitment to social responsibility. In the context of the ongoing fight against high levels of youth unemployment in Europe, the Pan-European Seal offers 100 traineeship posts every year, administered by both Offices.
The successful applicants will have the opportunity to do a one year-long traineeship starting in October. They will be provided with a grant of 1000 EUR per month, as well as other benefits such as on-the-job coaching by staff and online training. Training will take place at the EUIPO (Alicante, Spain) or the EPO (Munich, Germany) and the period of the Programme will end with a ceremony at each office to award the 10 best trainees with a merit diploma, and the rest of the trainees with attendance diplomas.
The EUIPO and the EPO will organize supporting training activities and lectures for the trainees of both organisations. Lectures will be provided by EUIPO and EPO staff, representatives of the private sector, as well as invited academics from the members of the Pan-European Seal. According to each Offices’ topics of interest, academic research, both regarding master and PhD thesis, as well as the publication of papers and other materials will be encouraged by the EUIPO and the EPO.
İstanbul Bilgi University has been invited and approved as a member of the Pan-European Seal Traineeship Programme through the Intellectual Property Law Research Center (BILFIM).
The Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme is offered to all alumni of İstanbul Bilgi University under graduate, graduate or Ph.D. programs.
More information about the Pan-European Seal Programme can be found here.
For the OHIM (ADM 14-15) (OHIM is the old name of EUIPO) decision establishing Pan-European Seal Programme which also includes terms and conditions with regard the program please click here.
For detailed information about the program please click here.
Ideal Profile of the Pan-European Seal Trainee:
• National from an EUIPO and/or EPO member state. A limited number of trainees may be selected from third countries.
• Degree/Master in any of the eligible academic areas (in the case of the EPO, regarding the fields of search and examination, traineeships will also be open to final year students);
• Candidates must have completed at least one online EUIPO Academy/EPO e-Learning course with certificate.
• Present (as a minimum) a certified B1 level (Common European Framework of Reference for languages) in one of the five working languages of the EUIPO (DE, EN, FR, IT, or ES) or one of the three working languages of the EPO (EN, FR and DE).
• Participation in international programmes such as Erasmus, will be considered favourably.
• Have customer service, organisational and prioritisation skills; communication skills; capacity to analyze problems and find appropriate solutions; ability to work independently as well as part of a team; responsibility, professionalism, flexibility and self-initiative.
Candidates who are interested in the program should send the above listed documents (in English, German or French) until April 30, 2016 to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae (Please attach you photo and write your phone number.)
- A cover letter (600-1000 words long) including the statement of your purpose and the institution that you prefer to work with.
- Undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate school and/or PhD diploma (At least one of the diplomas must be provided by İstanbul Bilgi University)
- A certificate proving that you have successfully completed at least one of the online courses offered by EUIPO or EPO.
(In order to register for online courses please click “Login” link on https://euipo.europa.eu/knowledge/course/view.php?id=1851 and create an account. After logging in the system, go to “e-Learning” on the same page. You will see the links of “EUIPO Academy Learning Portal” and “EPO’s E-learning Portal”. You may take one of the courses offered by those portals and providing a certificate. For example graduates of law schools may take “Introduction to Intellectual Property” course listed under the title of “Intellectual Property Catalogue” on EUIPO Academy Learning Portal page. That course consists of one-hour-long two videos and a small online quiz. After successfully passing the exam it is possible to download the certificate.)
For detailed information please visit Pan European Seal webpage.